Mad Robotics Scientist
- Won battlebots
- Built the arm on the ALVIN submersible which found Titanic
- P=LE : Prosperity = Labor * Energy
- Human Senses – Haptic (touch, hearing), Radiation (eyes), Chemical (taste, smell), Proprioception (body senses where limbs are), Magnetic (sense of direction)
What is a robot?
- – Robots are everywhere. Car factories, vacuum cleaners, even toilets.
- Useful Mobile Autonomous Artificial Intelligence
- sapience. Therefore, Life?
- Life? Therefore, rights?
- Rights? Therefore, competition?
- If competition, no longer useful. We really need to think about this if we’re going to build UMAAIs.
Replacement vs Augmentation
- Most commercial airplanes tie instruments to autopilot: self-flying airplanes already exist.
- Telepresence – more cost effective, remote operation, using haptic feedback.
- Applications in Construction, mining, forestry, ocean and space exploration, military, manufacturing, farming, and entertainment.
The best way to predict the future is to build it.